HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2018, 01:56:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
1654 Posts in 79 Topics by 726 Members
Latest Member: chester_boer
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Pregnancy to weaning (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  one testicle buck HAPPY UPDATE
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: one testicle buck HAPPY UPDATE  (Read 449 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: August 09, 2018, 01:19:35 PM »

I had a buyer for my bottle raised Buckling.  He has turned out to be really nice.  His mother was always my best producer hands down  Grin  Anyways ,  They had another buckling they were looking at as well, but had decided on Luke.

I just happened to look at the back of him and noticed he had 1 odd shaped testicle hanging .  I never thought to look before as he acts like a buck ( lip curling, chasing girls, sniffing backsides).

It even looks to be coming out of his body wrong .  

I did point it out and they did take the other buck they liked ( they really liked Luke).

So do you think he is sterile?  I will just take him to the sale barn in Sept.  Sad because he is really well built  Cry

Here is Luke and his sister Lana my bottle babies

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 01:20:13 PM by Julie H » Logged
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 05:41:23 AM »

The only true way to know is to take him to the Vet and see if his other testicle is inside him.  Which could be bad....a retained testicle isn't a good thing with these boys.  When you feel of the sack, can you only feel one testicle?

Right now, he is "bucky"...I've known a lot of breeders to run "single testicle" (had them cut that way) boys with their girls to tell them when the girls are in season and they can put the buck in with them.  Some people call them "teaser" bucks...but they are sterile.  However, it doesn't mean your boy is sterile.  He may have one that's under sized and it's still there.

He is a gorgeous boy for sure.  Love that color!!! And his sister is a little beauty.

~ Birdie ~
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 06:38:33 AM »

It looks like one may be not have fallen.  One testicle can still make babies; however, a fault you do not want to breed into your program. 
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 01:27:39 PM »

Birdie-- It even feels strange, just hard as a rock and there is no softness around it in the sac like a normal boy.  I went around "feeling " everybody for comparison and got a wide range of reactions to that  Grin

No I wouldn't want to pass it on Charles which is why I won't sell him to a private buyer.  I don't even think it could be banded or cut as it is just as thick going into his body as what you see hanging.   Very odd. 
cbdale
Caprine Guru

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 03:11:51 PM »

I would not mind having that dapple for sure!!
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 04:44:39 PM »

It seems the nicer the animal, the more apt you are to find something wrong with them, especially if they have a buyer!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 08:10:07 AM »

oh goodness...that's a shame Julie.  Gosh I hate to hear this.  You are right.  He shouldn't be a breeder.  Man that just sucks...he is a really nice boy.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 01:56:09 PM »

I would not mind having that dapple for sure!!

Me either !
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 01:56:55 PM »

It seems the nicer the animal, the more apt you are to find something wrong with them, especially if they have a buyer!

Isn't that the truth.  Thankfully they were happy to take a nice solid brown boy I had.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 02:29:52 PM »

You said the teste was rock hard? Wow, besides the size, he probably isn't fertile because of that. Did you ask a Vet what could be the reason?

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 07:11:31 AM »

I did a little research to see if I could find the cause of hardened testicles, and I found nothing at all.  I found retained and distended and other testicle issues, but nothing about hard testicles.  A puzzler for sure.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 01:39:16 PM »

You said the teste was rock hard? Wow, besides the size, he probably isn't fertile because of that. Did you ask a Vet what could be the reason?

It has the shape/ feel of a hard banana  Grin   I almost wondered if there are 2 small testicles crammed together in there?  No I never asked the vet, as he probably has no idea.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 05:29:23 AM »

in a dog it's called Testicle Lump...and that's also known as testicular Cancer.  But that's all I can find.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 02:30:17 PM »

I have a happy update!!

I had a nice man come to buy one of my other bucks and they had no other goats yet.  After talking about it he was concerned about the young guy being lonely.  I offered him "Luke" (my one testicled guy) at a reduced price as a companion and upon further inspection I was able to easily band him Smiley

I am thrilled as he will be a perfect pet for his 2 young girls and being brothers he will be an excellent wether companion for the buck.  I have 7 boys left and we plan on going to the sale barn next week.  I just hated to see Luke go there as he was so pretty and well, my baby.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 06:11:24 AM »

oh that's awesome Julie.  Absolutely awesome.  I'm so happy for all of you, but especially for Luke, and yes you're right, he is so pretty.  Congratulations on a happy ending.

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: