HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 03:16:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
1592 Posts in 72 Topics by 726 Members
Latest Member: chester_boer
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Pregnancy to weaning (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  one testicle buck HAPPY UPDATE
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: one testicle buck HAPPY UPDATE  (Read 343 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 01:19:51 PM »

Thank you.   

I hate going the sale barn route with any of my boys, but I can't keep them indefinitely!  This has been a good year as I have sold 7 of the 14 boys now.  Some years it is just 1 or a few.  I sell all the girls quickly and color makes no difference.  I like the flashy but some people want the traditional..............
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 06:38:38 AM »

Traditional is the Boers true South African color marking and color...the dominant roman nose...short legs and seriously stocky bodies.  How they changed and who started it, I don't know...but I have to say, I love the color, but I feel deeply in my heart the color is not the FB animal.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 03:00:23 PM »

A lot of the color that is in the FB comes from their roots, the original stock they started with way back. The traditional color is dominant, but you can get throwbacks to the coloring of the original breeds used to create the Boer.

Glad you found a great home for your boy.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: