HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 03:05:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
1592 Posts in 72 Topics by 726 Members
Latest Member: chester_boer
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Pregnancy to weaning (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Ugh
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Ugh  (Read 401 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

Ugh
« on: September 10, 2018, 02:33:09 PM »

So, we are supposed to get the left overs from one of those bad storms, starting this evening. 2-3 days of pouring rain. I had to bring the bucks inside so keep them warm and dry (it's been very chilly the past 2 days) and so I can feed them when it starts pouring. The does have started cycling, so the next 3 days should be interesting. My baby Nigerian buckling was removed from his pen and put in a crate, since he was squatting in the adult Nigerian bucks (Volt) pen. All the buckets and hay feeders and such have to be dragged in and set up in the stalls. What a pain! Lol

Not looking forward to the rain. I still have a section of house missing, and the basement finally dried out so we can fix the house. Now I have to start all over again with a flooded basement. Sigh.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 05:25:47 AM »

oh wow Deb.  That's definitely going to be a mess for you.  I sure wish you could have gotten the house repaired before this hit.  Who could predict that we'd have 3 hurricanes and one invest in the oceans at the same time?  Invest 95L is going to hit us by this weekend.  If it continues to form the way it is doing now, it will be identical to Harvey last year.  We are seriously dreading that.  Hitting the store today to stock up heavy.  I do hope you get the chance to do that as well.  Florence is going to be super dooper bad. 

At least you'll have a lot of company inside.  laugh Wink  Is your Son still available to help you with all this?  How's your hip doing?  It's pouring down rain here.  Seems as though all week we'll be getting rain.  We needed the rain really bad.  Every thing was dying.  Lost 3/4's of the landscaping in the front yard already.  I worry about the bad flooding.  Will you flood that way as well?

Stay safe Deb.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 02:46:01 PM »

Not sure about good old Florence and what she has in store for us. She is still a ways away from us, if she makes it to New England at all.

You can imagine the smell in my barn right now. 4 bucks, smallish area and humidity!!!!!!!! Lol Of course, having these guys inside since yesterday evening has pushed most of the girls in heat! Even this years doelings are screaming for the boys. AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My human kid is still in the area. He is staying with his girlfriend about a mile down the road from me. They come up when I am at work and let the dogs out and feed the bottle kids, not that they need milk at 6 and 7 months of age! I have extra, so they get it.

My son and his GF are moving in after they fix up the house. They already bought a hot water heater and are going to get the flex pipes to replace the water pipes. He has a friend who is going to work on the sewer line to open it. They are going to help my friend board up the gaping hole where part of my house caved into the cellar last year and then patch the wall in the kitchen that fell down to the cellar when the aforementioned cap collapsed into the cellar. They won't be moving in until the house is repaired, so I'm sure they will hustle to get it done.

My hip is awesome! No pain and if it weren't for my knees, I'd be almost 100%. I can run, but I pay for it with my knees for a few days afterwards. The hip is flexable, pain free and better than ever.

I live about 1/2 mile above the Kennebec River, so we won't flood, but the horse paddock,  goat and dog yards will be a swamp.

I managed to get after work chores done last night before it really started pouring, so the dogs got out and back in before they got soaked. All the rest of the critters are in the barn or, in the case of the chickens, under cover of a tarp while we build a new coop. So, it was only me who got wet! Lol

I made sure the bucket was set up on the floor in my kitchen, directly under the roof leak and the pan on the stove under another. However, I woke up to a swamp in my kitchen. My roof sprung several new leaks. Yuck. I set up the big window fan to help dry it. It was getting that way when I had to shut it off for work.

Good luck down there and be safe! Get your hip waders and boat ready. You have a generator, right? At least you can run your fridge?

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 06:19:29 AM »

oh my goodness Deb.  Is your house collapsing down around you?  Is it safe to stay in it?  I'm happy to hear the kids are helping but is that temporary fix going to stop the rest of the house?  I'm really worried about you girl. 

Florence thankfully is predicted to move away from you now....however, she's moving further inward and covering more territory which makes it dreadful and horrific for those in those states.  Rockytopsis may not be ok out there.  CBdale won't be safe out there.  Gerald Stropshire won't be safe out there.  And many of our other GB members.

Invest 95L will be a tropical storm at worst so we're good here.  Though we did prepare for it to get worse, we don't have to worry now.

Everyone in Florence's way, please stay safe, get to safety and try to stay in touch. Prayers for all of you.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 01:04:59 PM »

Deb-- You certainly are a trooper!  With all your struggles you have the best attitude and it is very humbling and makes me ashamed of my complaining Embarrassed  I hope and pray your house doesn't collapse in around you!  Is a new roof in the works too?

Stay safe and dry everyone!
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 02:55:38 PM »

My son and his girlfriend are moving in and will be working on the house with me.

They were over the other night. My son announced, out of the clear blue sky, "she isn't pregnant". I said I didn't think she was. He repeated it. His GF then rolled her eyes and said that they were getting married next month. So far, my son has not uttered the words "marriage" or "married"! LOL

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 07:16:47 AM »

Well congratulations....a nice welcome into your world...I'm really happy for all three of you. Smiley

~ Birdie ~
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 08:05:47 PM »

So, what's happening?  Is there any progress on your home repairs?  Is there a wedding date?  Keep us all updated on what's going on?

Keep well, and take care of yourself.

Pat
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »

October 14th...next Sunday!

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 06:17:44 AM »

are you ready?  Plans all set?  Happy days ahead. Smiley

~ Birdie ~
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 10:51:47 PM »

Yay!  Keeping fingers crossed.  Let us know how it goes.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 03:52:56 PM »

Work let me know today that my request for the wedding day off was approved. Lol. It wasn't a request, it was a demand.

I'm really pretty miffed at this place right now, more so than usual. Our manager is a complete anal sphincter. Saturday night we lost a dear employee who had been with this hospital since he retired as the Sheriff in 1985.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry He was a sweetie. He died in his sleep, they think. Well, our chief was on vacation and couldn't be bothered to call us and tell us about losing our coworker. No, he orders the on duty Sgt to send us a text, and it was a cold text. He certainly did call us a few years ago when one of our Sgt's was killed in a car accident. Shows his lack of respect for our late co-worker and the rest of us who worked with him and loved him. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 05:26:00 AM »

That's so sad.  People can be so cruel.  I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and co-worker.  Will they allow you all to attend the funeral?

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 06:28:02 PM »

They better because I am going.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: