HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2019, 10:26:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
1895 Posts in 97 Topics by 728 Members
Latest Member: staceyneil
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Pregnancy to weaning (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Udders!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Topic: Udders!  (Read 1126 times)
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2019, 07:53:29 AM »

They sound awesome.  Congratulations.  A name for your baby boy "Knight", and better yet "Reigning Knight". Smiley  Gotta love those babies.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2019, 01:19:29 PM »

Good to hear that things are going better for you.  Congrats on healthy beautiful babies!!

I am still waiting for mine to start, but glad they have waited we had some horrible winds, storms the last few days and cold!!  It has finally moderated  in temps with sun and looks like it will stay that way.  I have 3 I am keeping my eye on.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2019, 04:28:51 PM »

Sorry Birdie, my son named him Ninja. Lol

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2019, 07:16:27 PM »

I just lost one of my purebred Nubian does and her unborn triplets. I have lost more goats this year than I have all totaled in 36 years of raising them. I'm just so lost. Cry

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2019, 07:44:09 AM »

OH man, Deb...what happened to her?  That's awful, and I'm so very sorry to hear that.  Which Doe was it?  Praying  Praying all goes well from here out....I'm really sorry for your losses Deb.  Cry Cry  Bug Hug

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2019, 01:06:00 PM »

Oh No!  What happened?  Was it due to the illness the other goats brought in?

I am so sorry  Cry  I can't even imagine how awful you are feeling.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2019, 06:57:13 PM »

She went down the other day, fell on the ice and it damaged her pelvis, which was very loose since her ligs were gone. She went into labor while I was at work. Kid stuck because her pelvis had collapsed on itself. Her contractions seemed to have ruptured something and she bled out, taking the triplets with her. If I had been home I could have helped her. Cry

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2019, 08:47:42 AM »

Oh Deb...how awful for her.  I'm so very sorry.  Those kind of losses are so very hard on us, but you must not blame yourself, you can't be in 2 places at the same time.  This has been an awful year for you.  Cry Cry

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2019, 01:23:29 PM »

How awful for you and her.  Just a tragic accident.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2019, 02:21:56 PM »

Since I lost Sassy, I had triplets from a Lamancha doe, 2 bucks and a doe. Last night Sassy's sister had triplets, 2 bucks and a doe (My Nubian buck seems to ALWAYS sire 2 bucks and a doe! LOL) She had gone down a couple of days ago, now that the kids are here I can understand why. The 2 bucks were HUGE! Once she popped them out, she sprang to her feet and has been fine since. Her kids are in the house. I now have 10 bottle kids and 5 dam raised kids. AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2019, 05:54:29 AM »

Well congratulations...that's awesome.  I do adore bottle babies...so when you get tired of them, just bring them over here, and I'll take care of them for you.  Grin

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2019, 01:16:20 PM »

Do you normally bottle feed all your kids? 10 would be very time consuming!  Are they all in the house????
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2019, 09:39:02 PM »

I pull all standard doe kids and those standard bucks that look like sire potential. The other bucklings stay with their mothers until they go to market. I do this for disease control. I can't afford all the CAE testing, so pulling at birth and raising on heat treated colostrum and pasteurized milk takes care of that.

I have 10 bottle kids right now. 5 are in the barn the other 5 in the house. My barn is flooding because of the snow melt off, or all the bottle kids would be in the barn.

I had 2 more doe kids born from my purebred Lamancha by my Nigerian dwarf. Pretty little earless girls! And then yesterday, my remaining Nigerian popped out triplets. I was off getting hay and wasn't there, didn't know she was in labor. One buck never made it out of the sack and suffocated. Another buck and a doe survived.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2019, 06:15:31 AM »

Sorry for the loss of the one buckling.  That's so sad to see.  But you have 2 healthy happy babies, so congratulations on that.  Your total babies this year is up to what now?

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2019, 01:07:12 PM »

Do they have to be tested yearly for CAE?  I can't imagine having 5 in the house!  Congrats on the new arrivals, but sorry about the buck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: