HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2019, 11:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
1983 Posts in 106 Topics by 730 Members
Latest Member: wroznak
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Pregnancy to weaning (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Udders!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Topic: Udders!  (Read 1729 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2019, 03:46:43 PM »

Some people do, I can't afford too so I just pull the kids and use universal precautions with their birth and milk/colostrum.

I'm not sure how many live kids we've had this year. Lets see 5 in the house, 5 in a barn pen, 2 newborns, 3 in the doe pen and 2 in the Nigerian doe pen. 17 so far. I still have 3 does due to kid in April and May and 1 or 2 in July or so. Maybe, if they took.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2019, 07:18:59 AM »

Hows the Mini Does doing?

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2019, 08:45:46 PM »

So far, so good.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2019, 02:23:11 PM »

Last doe of the year kidded yesterday with twins, a huge buck and a large doe. Pretty colors, nice looking kids. Mom is purebred Lamancha, sire in my former Nubian. She just wouldn't settle to the Lamancha buck so I tried it with the Nubian.

Doeling is bottle fed and in the house for the next few days. Buckling is with mom. Oddest thing. Last night when I did after work chores, the buckling had watery, brownish tan scours, nothing like normal colostrum or meconium. It just poured out of him. Moms colostrum looked normal, thick and yellow. I gave him a dose of Spectoguard and he seemed fine this morning. Not sure what happened in the 12 hours from birth until I came home, but I've never seen anything like that before. My son kept checking on him all evening while I was at work, making sure he was eating (he was). Rather peculiar! Huh?

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2019, 05:48:03 AM »

Congratulations on the new arrivals.  Always nice to get one of each when twins are born. 

well that is confusing.  As you go through you may want to find some slippery Elm and give that to him.  Slippery Elm is one product I truly think is a miracle working product.    Mom may have eaten something that's caused it to upset his stomach.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2019, 12:51:51 PM »

Congratulations on the new babies!!
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2019, 04:17:32 PM »

He's doing great, the Spectoguard (I guess) did it's job. Normal colostrum poo the next morning.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: