HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2019, 11:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
2033 Posts in 109 Topics by 730 Members
Latest Member: wroznak
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Dairy Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  I hate this part
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: I hate this part  (Read 605 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: June 15, 2019, 03:52:03 PM »

Even though he is a big pain in the butt, my Nubian buck grows on you. He is gorgeous, well bred, sires mostly does (hence the problem), easy to handle, sweet and friendly. And I have to part with him. A dealer is coming tomorrow to look at him. I have him priced above meat price, so I know, at least for the short term, he will be protected but man, I hate this. He may buy a couple/three of the bucklings that really need to go, too. Those will more than likely go for meat. Sigh. My new buck will be here sometime this month, but man, I am going to miss my Ty. Cry

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 06:44:24 AM »

Cry Cry  These are the hardest times of Goat Herding.  I never ever cared for the days when a buck becomes too closely related to the Does we've retained. It's so hard saying goodbye to the best of the best. 

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 02:29:19 PM »

Well, Ty and 2 of his sons left this morning. I so miss my boy, but he is going to a live on a farm with several does.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 06:33:46 AM »

Cry Cry  I'm so sorry Deb.  It helps our hearts to except their departures when we know they have good homes and a future ahead of them, but it hurts just the same.

~ Birdie ~
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 07:12:48 PM »

I just can't imagine how sad this must be.  If I had to part with any of my best friends (all wethers and does), I'd be heartbroken. I hope your new buck is a total sweetie, and to some extent takes the place of your Ty, although I totally get that no-one really could.
Hope all else is going well with you...that you and the boys are OK, and that your new buck proves to be STELLAR!

Keep us informed

Pat
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 04:35:16 PM »

Thank you.

Everyone is well and things are finally starting to dry out. We've actually had 2 days with no rain!!!!!!

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 05:20:51 AM »

That's good to hear.  Down here we just came out of 2 days of hard rain.  So we again are drying out, but we did need a little rain.  We went all fall, winter and spring with tons of rain.  Had a month with no rain, and now we got 2 days worth of rain...which we needed some, but this rain did cause flooding again.  And it made it where I can't mow grass yet.  haha.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 01:14:56 PM »

Sounds like he went to a place where he will be used ( a good thing) .  I hope it works out well with your new buck Smiley
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 04:55:01 PM »

Thank you! I can't wait to get the new guy.

Birdie, it's raining like crazy again here. Supposed to go all day and into tomorrow. Right now, a cow and a flat rock come to mind. LOLOL

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 06:57:08 AM »

Grin Grin  too much rain would make a person think weird things.  LOL...my thoughts were webbed duck feet...lol.  We are suppose to be getting more rain this weekend, so enjoy your two days of rain, because when this gets done down here, it'll be up your way in no time.  Hide

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 06:00:35 PM »

I got my new buckling Tuesday. He is even more gorgeous in real life! I can't wait to see his kids this spring.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: