HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2020, 03:18:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
wcm

Stats
2457 Posts in 147 Topics by 729 Members
Latest Member: wroznak
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Those We Loved and Lost (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Nukka-No
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Nukka-No  (Read 1184 times)
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2020, 07:18:23 AM »

oh Deb...my goodness, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.  I had one that did what yours did...Cujo in fact.  There is nothing worse than watching them suffer in that kind of pain...it's awful on them.  Then your heart suffers by doing what's most humane for them, and then suffer the fact they are gone.  I am so very sorry.  I fear I'm not far from this experience...Sasha Marie is loosing it fast now.  She's almost 11 yrs old.  Samson not far behind her at 8 and 1/2 years old.  And like your Reena, Brandy will grieve terribly bad.  Reena will be lost for a short while, heart broken and maybe a little fearful, but I'm sure she'll house train for you and make the indoor dogs her new pack...it's the challenge for Alpha that worries me most...but I'm sure that will iron out fairly easy as well.

We'll keep you and Reena in our prayers.   

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2020, 06:45:03 PM »

Thank you. We did the walk off the property with Reena and Nessa yesterday and they did great. The only thing I worry about is Rocky, the 130 pound puppy. He is a pain in the butt, wanting to play and driving the other dogs crazy. Her arthritis is bothering her, and she seems to be having a lyme episode, so she is stiff and sore.

Monday I am going to bring her inside. I know she will follow Nessa in, so we will see how that goes. She is so lonely and her mournful howl is heartbreaking.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 07:24:36 AM »

OMG...that mournful howl tears my heart to pieces.  Cry  Ringo did that for a week or so after Dasnic and Cujo passed on.  I am expecting that to happen when Sasha passes with Samson and Brandy.  Their grieving is as hard on me as the actual loss itself...seems to magnify the pain.  I'm so sorry.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2020, 04:56:22 AM »

The coming inside isn't working very well right now. Nessa is jealous and poor Reena is just so stressed about being inside, she wants to go outside again. I'm sure the temperature difference is bothering her also.

I'm looking for someone with a retire or unwanted northern breed of dog who just wants a retirement home, so Reena will have company again.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 07:17:40 AM »

That's a good thought.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2020, 02:02:24 PM »

I am so sorry to hear about your dog and the hard time the remaining dog is having.  I hope you find a friend for her quick.
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2020, 06:27:57 PM »

Aww...that's terrible.  They are all just family, and it really, really hurts to lose them.  This must be especially bad on top of the stress you're having at work.

My heart goes out to you.

Pat
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: