HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 09, 2020, 12:10:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
wcm

Stats
2581 Posts in 154 Topics by 729 Members
Latest Member: wroznak
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Top Models (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  A new puppy updated picture!!
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: A new puppy updated picture!!  (Read 1258 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: August 19, 2019, 01:26:54 PM »

My daughter's cat had to be PTS last Monday.  She was really sad so we opted for an early birthday present and she went online to look.

We went and got her last Thursday. She is a good girl and my 2 older dogs are not very happy at the moment!!

MIA.  Mini Australian Shepherd.

DSCN2436 by Julie Hinch, on Flickr
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 01:05:53 PM by Julie H » Logged
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 06:34:01 AM »

Awww....she is so cute!!  And those dogs are so smart.  I have trained several of them here in the last year.  So quick to learn and retain information.  You'll have to keep us posted on her daily antics and growth. 

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 01:30:24 PM »

She is a hoot!  Our dogs are 8 and 12 so they are not very entertaining.  She discovered my room last night and happily brought my shoes into the living room and went after my husbands slippers with a passion Roll Eyes
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 07:05:57 AM »

Grin Grin Grin  Puppies, you gotta love their devotion to human shoes!!  Julie there is a puppy starter bone pack, that worked for me on any pup I got them for.  Its a pack of 3 bones, and they graduate up with age..I forget the ages, but each bone helps with the teething issues and the need to chew on things.  It's a great bone package.  Ours have really loved them.

Here's a link to them...

https://www.jefferspet.com/products/puppy-starter-kit-3pkg
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 07:07:29 AM by imalilbirdie » Logged

~ Birdie ~
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 07:09:29 AM »

this is another puppy toy that all my puppies have really loved...

https://www.jefferspet.com/products/puppy-teething-pacifier

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 01:23:36 PM »

Thanks Birdie.

I told my daughter we should have bypassed the dog toys and gone straight to the shoe department Roll Eyes
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 04:21:41 PM »

Or, you could just skip the toys and shoes and send her to me.  She's adorable!  Those blue eyes just slay me.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 06:52:58 AM »

Yep, Julie you're probably right.  The dollar store should have plenty of cheap shoes that would make great toys. Smiley  Grin Wink

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 01:10:55 PM »

Or, you could just skip the toys and shoes and send her to me.  She's adorable!  Those blue eyes just slay me.

Grin Grin

I am sure at some point I will be tempted to take you up on that offer! 

dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 03:18:43 PM »

Beautiful puppy!!!!!!! Bittersweet congrats to your daughter. Sorry for her loss and happy for her new baby. Is she planning on using the pup with the livestock? I've always wanted a blue merle, blue eyed Aussie.

Yeah, shoes. My pup (did I post that I got a new puppy?) is forever stealing my shoes, boots and Crocs, drags them to his crate. Then, he grabs their water bucket (2 1/2 gallons of water). He carries that to his crate and then dumps it. Then he lays down in it and plays with the shoes/boots, filling them with water and generally saturating them. He also likes to grad hold of my clothes while I am trying to get dressed. I get to work and find white, dried dog spit all over my black uniform pants. He ripped apart my brand new Jeffers catalog and Readers Digest last night. Puppies. Yeah. LOL  Angry

He doesn't like fake bones, he prefers to chew on living beings, books, shoes and plastic containers.  Roll Eyes

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 07:13:58 AM »

Deb you wouldn't believe the clients I have that hire me for behavioral issues with pups doing just that same thing that yours is doing.  It's a puppy stage is all, and most times a little discipline goes a long way.  I have this adorable Miniature Daschund  in right now...He's 4 months old and smart as a whip...too darn cute to correct, so I really have to watch myself, as I find myself relenting on some misbehaviors.  Then I have this Shepherd pup that just came into class, he's a rescue, so he is a mix, but a small amount, he is more shepherd than any thing else and if he didn't have a wide white stripe down his neck into his belly I'd would say he was a purebred....but that little fella has had a terrible hard way to go, even after going into rescue...and here my heart bleeds for shepherds and I have this little fella, smart as all get out, looks at me and melts me like butter on a hot tin roof...He's a lover, and his eyes just absolutely says "thank you" for helping me and I can't help it, it makes it hard to correct his bad behaviors, but he's picking up those basic commands like a champ.

Puppies have ways of bending our hearts and shaping them the way they want to. 

Deb, there are tons of mini aussies down here that are the merled markings and brilliant blue eyes.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 01:27:28 PM »

Dragon--  We take her into the goat pen with us in the evening when my daughter helps me feed.  We won't be using her as a " working " dog, but I always get my dogs in with the goats from the beginning.  She likes the goats Smiley

My in laws have a stray that wandered in here a few months back.  He is part Aussie and a real nice dog, but man oh man is he aggressive to the goats.  No way would I ever want him in with them.  Beyond that he is a great dog and I am glad that I have good fencing and he is happy to stay on his side of the fence.

the goats must sense something in him because they absolutely hate the sight of him ( ignore my dogs and the pup).  They will try and ram him through the fence with just gets him all worked up and snapping.  My FIL took the belt to him the other day and it kinda made a slight impression....

Glad you have a new pup too  Smiley   it helps with the loss .

We gave up on the crate= food and water everywhere!  We are home most all the time so we just let her stay in my daughters room when we are gone and she can clean up the destruction  Grin
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 07:21:29 AM »

Julie ya know, back home on the farm, we had Aussies, Collies, and heelers for cattle dogs...shelties for the sheep and goats.  Any time we got one that was bred to another working dog or even a mutt crossed, they were NOT good with livestock...in fact they were the opposite, they were holy terrors around livestock.  Made cute pets, but were demons on the farm.  So your MIL's dog's attitude doesn't surprise me at all.

With the Aussies being bred down in size like they are, down here at least, Texas A&M is finding organ issues with them...mostly kidney and liver issues.  Just an FYI...watch her organs as she grows.  The Aussies weren't meant to be that tiny.  The mini border collies are next in line with the organ issues.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 02:50:59 PM »

My "little" guy loves his crate, which is big enough to hold a grizzly bear. He is quickly growing into it. Lol. He just loves to hoard stuff in it, mostly stuff that belongs to me or my son.

Where he is 1/2 Pyrenees, his "breeders" raised him in the barn with his Pyr mother and the goats. He loves the goats but he is not protective, and I'm hard pressed to see any Pyrenees in him! He is friends with my last bottle kid, a doeling that was born well after all the rest, so she is by herself. Rocky goes down and hangs with her when my son is bottle feeding the bottle kids.

Newfies are notorious for biting and chewing, more so than other breeds. Well, he sure is! I tell him "no". He stops for a few minutes, but his attention span right now is miniscule, and he will start right back. He is way better than he was, so he is growing out of some of it. He is a major love bug.

He has horrible hip dysplasia. His hips are so loose and he wobbles and sways when he walks. I was concerned about wobbler syndrome, but the vet said no. I am going to have to save up to have surgery when he gets older. His left side seems to be worse than his right, tho both are bad.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 09:34:18 PM »

Oh good grief.  Newfies and Pyrs are my favorite breeds.  I couldn't deal with a Newfie because of the slobber issue, but Pyrs are totally amazing (and tend to have dry mouths.)  Your cross should be a totally amazing "old" dog, but puppyhood could be a challenge.  I'd love to see pictures!
Pat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: