HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2019, 03:04:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
2053 Posts in 111 Topics by 730 Members
Latest Member: wroznak
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Pregnancy to weaning (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Here we go!!
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Here we go!!  (Read 125 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: September 30, 2019, 02:22:13 PM »

Buck is in ( as of yesterday) and I am anxiously waiting to see what I get in 5 months!
I have 19 breeding  aged does,  so he has some work to do.  

Here are a few of the colored ones, but I think about 2/3rds of my herd is non traditional colored now.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 06:51:10 AM »

Wow, your girls look so pretty.  And he's very interested in his sweethearts.  Your little whitish girl, looks a whole lot like the Kiko.  The horns and head are almost identical to Hanna's and Mercy's heads.  Can't wait to see what she throws down. Smiley  Happy Breeding season to you.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 01:19:41 PM »

Her mother is solid white and if you look closely you can see she is a pale yellow color and has white spots!  It took almost a year before I was sure she had spots.  I am hoping she gives me something wildly marked, but as you well know nothing is certain.  She is a sweetheart and one of my favorites.  Always behind you begging for attention Grin

He has been breeding already, well the minute I let him in he got started Roll Eyes
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 07:34:00 AM »

It's those kinds of girls that I adore...I call them "tag alongs"....my best companions, my best buds...I love that when our goats do that.  Warms my heart.  I sure do miss my goats.  It makes my heart feel so much better to see your goats even if it's just in pictures.

What's weird Julie...I bred Roady (my avatar picture) to my tri colored Kiko Doe and my Cinnamon colored Doe, and I got one tri colored baby and one white baby when each girl had their babies.  There was no white in any of their color gene pool ancestors...yet each Doe put down a solid white baby...hahahaha.  go figure that.  Grin Grin  My two solid white Does put down caramel colored babies with black points.   

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 01:27:40 PM »

I have had several solid white babies the last few years.  All 3 does that had them share a mother/ grandmother who was a solid brown with light points.  Alaways interesting how the colors come out isn't it?

I am sorry you no longer have goats.  I would miss it terribly.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 06:27:29 PM »

I can't get your pictures to open. Grrrrr....but I'm at work and they love to block stuff. I'll have to check it out at home!

Yeah, rut is here! My 4 bucks stink to high heaven and are blathering and flapping their tongues while they pee on their beards. Ugh.

I was waiting til now to start breeding. The almanac says a horribly cold winter, extreme low temps, lots of snow and general ickiness. Because I don't know how the girls will react to my new schedule come January 1st, I am opting for waiting til it gets a tad warmer for them to kid. I had one Lamancha bred this morning, a Nigerian yesterday and another Nigerian the day before that. I should have several more come in soon, and just passed on several more that came in last week.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: