HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2019, 04:35:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
2137 Posts in 118 Topics by 730 Members
Latest Member: wroznak
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Just Cause (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Ungrateful wretch
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Ungrateful wretch  (Read 103 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: November 24, 2019, 08:31:40 PM »

I have a broken nose. I also have a favorite goat, a doe named Vicki, named after my uncle. She and her sister, Tedi, were the first born on my place after the fire.

The other night I was milking. If a doe is still eating when I am done milking, I take them off the milk stand and hook them to one of the numerous places I put up lead ropes for the dries or milkers to eat.

I got Vicki down, dumped the grain in the bucket and hooked her. As I bent down to pick up the bucket, she jerked her head up,,,,,,right into my nose. I saw stars and heard/felt a big snap. That was my nose breaking. I could grab my nose and move it back and forth....at the base between my eyes.

Owwwwwwww.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 06:29:50 AM »

Ewwww Ouch!!   _scream

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 01:35:26 PM »

As if you don't hAve enough going wrong already???  What do they do for a broken nose??
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 06:02:24 PM »

Nothing, there is nothing they can really do, except maybe tape it. Sure don't want to run around work with a taped up nose, I'd be a target or sure. Lol

It's healed to the point where it is connected to my skull again, no more wobbling to and fro.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 01:08:49 PM »

Well that is good news.  I hope it isn't too painful.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: