HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 03:47:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
wcm

Stats
2896 Posts in 169 Topics by 730 Members
Latest Member: 20goats
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Pregnancy to weaning (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Stillborn kid
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Stillborn kid  (Read 894 times)
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2020, 06:59:21 AM »

Deb, we are hoping that's the case & possibility.  The housing market here, is out of this world expensive.  This house is over a half million dollar home and if it was in Arkansas it might be worth 350k.  So yeah, we're hoping that this beast brings enough to buy something like a house and 10 acres or so of land in AR.  I know what we'd save in taxes alone would be able to make all the payments on any thing that it didn't cover.  Our taxes on this house is 11,000.00 a year.  Not to mention the triple cost of house insurance, vehicle insurance, and boat insurance.  That would drastically drop if we were in AR.  Shane still has 5 more years before he can retire.  My dog training is doing really well over here, and I'm now saving every penny of that for when we do retire.  It's not a lot, but it sure does help. 

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2020, 11:02:05 PM »

Holy Guano Bat Man, your taxes are more than my mortgage for the year!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2020, 06:58:26 AM »

Yes Deb...they are more than any other state we have ever lived in.  They say it's because we don't have state income tax.  We never paid this much state income tax in any other state either.  Then you triple the insurance costs and we're at 17,600.00 per year for taxes and insurance.  You really do not save just because there isn't any state income tax.  I'm also told it's because of the county we live in.  Since we haven't lived in any other county I don't know if that's right or not.  Our vehicle (2 trucks) insurance is 2400.00 a year.  Our house insurance is 3400.00 per year.  Our boat insurance is 800.00 per year.  So that 6600.00 would pay the insurance and taxes in AR.  Over all, it's so much cheaper to live in MO, AR, or LA than it is to live in TX.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 02:33:28 PM »

What a rip oft pay such high prices/ taxes.  Arkansas is probably one of the most affordable states to live in.  I hope it works out for you when retirement arrives!
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2020, 03:24:27 AM »

You pay out in taxes and such more than I make for pay in a year! Wow, I so wish you could get out of there and move back to Arkansas.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2020, 06:28:29 AM »

The day will come, eventually.  We'll be back where we want to be.  Our health kinda got us thinking that the drastic cold might not be so good on us any more.  I tell ya, we loved that house we had in LA.  Remodeling it the way we wanted it done.  Selecting items that would last us a life time, and be gorgeous and in style for a long time.  We would love to have that house and property back for sure.  The location was awesome, the town was nice, the weather was good most all year.  Hurricanes were no threat and the flood that did hit the city didn't touch our property at all.  I had friends that were such good people.  And the cost of living was just a little higher than what it was in AR.  Milk was the worst, at 6.00 per gallon with dairy farms all around us, made me shake my head wondering WTH!!  Arkansas I do love that state.  I love my Son, DIL, and grand kids being there.  By the time we retire, Kylie will be graduating high school, and off to college.  I don't know if when we return, the grand kids will be of an age to give a hoot (so to speak...lol), that we're home or not.  They will have their own lives they are tied up in.  The seasonal changes are so gorgeous, cost of living manageable, housing costs affordable, but those dog gone cold winters...wow, cuts through me like a knife.

So as you can tell, we aren't sure yet if it will be Louisiana, or if it will be Arkansas...but at this point Arkansas is where we want to be. 

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2020, 06:40:26 PM »

I hate the cold, and winters up here, but I love Maine and have been a New Englander all my life, so I guess I will be here til I die.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2020, 05:23:18 AM »

Deb I can sympathize with that.  I was born and raised in Missouri.  Most all my family is there (including my ex family, but I still love them no matter how crazy they are!! lol).  When I moved to Arkansas with Shane, I didn't look back.  I loved our town in AR, I loved our Friends, and neighbors.  That was home in my heart.  Missouri faded away...and Arkansas became my home.  Then Kyle moved down there, and he loved it so much there, that Missouri faded from his heart as well.  He still goes home to see his Dad and his Dad's family...I haven't been home since 2012 when my brother passed away. 

Something about those heart strings that wins over on those roots.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2020, 01:12:46 PM »

I wouldn't consider AR cold!
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2020, 09:21:06 PM »

Nor would I! LOL

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2020, 07:46:22 AM »

AR is way colder than LA or TX...but not nearly as cold as MO.  AR mountains are cold though.  When it comes down out of the mountains, then it's just flat bitter cold.

~ Birdie ~
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: