HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2020, 02:09:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
2215 Posts in 125 Topics by 730 Members
Latest Member: wroznak
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Pregnancy to weaning (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Darn !!
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Darn !!  (Read 59 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: January 10, 2020, 01:07:36 PM »

One of my older does presented with some bright red blood on her tail hairs.  Not much blood at all but she has noticeably deflated in size over the last few days.  She seems fine and is eating well.  My buck is rented out to a lady I know at the moment, but will have some work to do when he gets home , which is probably next month.

Makes it hard because she will be out of synch as far as the herd goes with kidding, but thankfully she can raise 3 big kids and remain quite chunky so breeding her back in the fall may be doable.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 08:09:55 PM »

Oh, man, bummer. So sorry to hear that.  Sad

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 07:19:33 AM »

That's awful.  I agree she needs time off before being bred back.  Good luck this fall...hopefully she aborted just because she was rammed and not because something is wrong. 

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 12:16:47 PM »

That's awful.  I agree she needs time off before being bred back.  Good luck this fall...hopefully she aborted just because she was rammed and not because something is wrong. 

I know sometimes something is just not right with the pregnancy and it happens.  She is my current herd queen so I doubt she was rammed as all she needs to do is approach any goat and they scatter Sad

So thankful I kept my buck.  I would have hated to lose her kids.  she is one of my bst consistent producers and her kids are awesome.  I hope she has at least 1 girl because I am wanting to keep one from her.  I haven't yet because they have been so nice others want them first.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 05:40:54 AM »

I do remember that...those babies that hit the ground running are usually the ones everyone wants.  However, I did retain some of the best before option was given a buyer.  My problem was I wanted to keep them all.  laugh 

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 01:35:14 PM »

I had planned to keep all 3 of her girls this past year but somehow they went to others!  I am happy with the 2 I did keep so no problem.  If she kids this year it will probably be all boys....
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 04:49:59 PM »

What you need to do is wish for boys and you'll get girls! LOL

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 11:43:16 AM »

What you need to do is wish for boys and you'll get girls! LOL

It doesn't work that way for me Dragon  Grin
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 03:12:46 AM »

Oh, ok. I was worth a try anyway. LOL

Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 01:20:39 PM »

Oh, ok. I was worth a try anyway. LOL

I am afraid that if I tried it I would get ALL boys Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: