HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2020, 07:29:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
wcm

Stats
2776 Posts in 163 Topics by 730 Members
Latest Member: 20goats
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Just Cause (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Unbelievable- It's a miracle!!
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Unbelievable- It's a miracle!!  (Read 185 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: January 30, 2020, 12:28:09 PM »

I am still in shock laugh

Since I belong to a Christian health share for my medical we are considered a " cash pay customer".  I had squirreled away enough money to pay all my medical bills resulting from my shoulder replacement EXCEPT the hospital bill. My health share prepaid my surgeons bill which made it possible to pay for my current PT sessions Smiley                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

I knew for the hospital bill I would have to make monthly payments until my health share reimbursed me 120 days after they received my bill.  It weighed heavily on me to owe so much money and I kept checking the mail for the bill to come. The hospital has a financial assistance program and the day of my surgery my husband mailed my application, and I called yesterday to see if they had reviewed it.  I thought maybe the fact that I hadn't received any bills was because of that application.

Anyways I had 3 procedures done at the hospital.

12/2    I had the PASS where they test you for all kinds of things to make sure your fit for surgery.

12/11   I had an ECHO Cardiogram since my EKG came out abnormal.  My ECHO results were perfect Smiley

12/ 17-18 Was my surgery and hospital stay.

So yesterday  When I called about my application, the man who took my call said it hadn't even been looked at yet  Sad  BUT then he informs me that my TOTAL hospital bill has been written off by a program they have in the computer who on occasion reviews your info and through the program PARO chooses who gets it all for FREE !!

I have no balance.  The bill was for $39,000.00  I am still in shock and am so thankful to God for his blessings.

They are sending me an itemized bill showing my zero balance.  I want proof  Grin
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 12:40:29 PM by Julie H » Logged
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 08:26:30 AM »

Oh wow!!!  That's only the second time I've heard of this....I was also blessed when my Son was in a very bad car accident...a total of 63 days in ICU/Surgical hospital/rehab hospital, life flight from Sedalia MO to Columbia University Hospital, surgeons out the whazoo, and PT after all it was done for a year afterwards.  Hospital bill alone was over 197,000.00 (included 2 ten hour long surgeries), and I don't have a clue how many doctors he had, I know it was over 7.  And I didn't know that his father had dropped his insurance (we were legally separated at the time)...so ALL that cost was on me to pay.  I had no clue how I would pay that.  The hospital put me in a program that assisted me in a HUGE WAY.  Similar to the one you're speaking of.  I paid $15,000 total (doctors/life flight/hospitals/PT---every thing included) out of over a 300,000.00 bill.  Girl friend, Like you, I was so blessed, and so relieved.  Believe me, even 15K at the time was a lot for me to pay going through a divorce and many other trials in my life at that time (you wouldn't believe me if I told you what they were), so I had to work 3 jobs to pay it all off, but God gave me the way to do it.  I later found out that ALL the doctors wrote their bills off and didn't even charge me...I personally went to them each and every one and handed them a thank you card and cried my eyes out.  This was back in the 90's, and I worked for the State at the time...Missouri is a very low income state, and we weren't being paid that good...3 jobs helped me to pay the bills, but it also made my farm go to funk trying to keep up with it all...thank God I had help there too...

God gives us ways for those who are truly trying, and ask for nothing...I am so happy for you...that medical bill worry is overwhelming. 

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 12:44:42 PM »

Wow Birdie,

What a blessing for you as well.  I am just so thankful and this means that the health share can put that money towards other medical bills.  I have no idea why the computer chose me.  I don't remember  giving any info that would make me a candidate?

In my mind it is all God's doing.  The lady I talked to yesterday( the 3rd representative) said it was amazing that all 3 of my procedures were written off.  It just does not happen.....

Again it was all God  Wink
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 07:23:29 AM »

It most definitely is Julie....humbling isn't it?  So very very thankful.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 06:14:13 PM »

Awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooHoo!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: