HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 03, 2020, 08:33:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
2386 Posts in 138 Topics by 729 Members
Latest Member: wroznak
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Just Cause (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Stupid goats
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Stupid goats  (Read 98 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: February 13, 2020, 11:04:36 AM »

I was trying to take advantage of the new, heavy wet snow today to get hoofs trimmed. While trimming the 2nd hoof on what turned out to be my last doe, she jerked her hoof and the point of the clippers were jerked into my thumb with considerable force, hit the bone and sliced thru my thumb. Freaken OUCH! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Blood gushing everywhere. I finished the rest of her feet, wouldn't give her the satisfaction of stopping. Her legs were covered with blood, both of my hands were dripping with blood and the clippers and my boots were covered.

When I put her away, I had to grab half a bale of hay one handed, balance it on my shoulder and open the latch with my good hand so I could feed them. I was so mad I made them all go out in the snow to eat. Wink

It took forever to get the bleeding to stop long enough to wrap it. I rinsed it out and poured alcohol on it. It's wrapped and the bleeding seems to have stopped.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 12:31:27 PM »

Ouch is right!  Sometimes it is amazing how much blood can come out of one small cut or deep finger wound.  I have cut myself several times doing hooves because a goat jerked or kicked so you have my sympathy  Wink

I am glad you got the bleeding stopped and I hope you don't have any infection.  The things we do for our lovely goats.

That was mean making them eat outside Angry Grin
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 06:42:57 AM »

ewww...ewwww...just the thought makes me quince.  My darn dogs will do that to me trimming their nails and sure enough I'll snip my finger to protect them.  Had the horses and the goats do that to me as well.  There is nothing like having your hands maimed and having to do chores.  I think the alcohol would have hurt worse than the actual cause...ewww...ouch.  Our age seems to bleed lots worse than we did when we were younger.  And lordy the bruising afterwards is awful.

hopefully it heals quickly and with no added pain. 

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: