HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 03, 2020, 09:58:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
2386 Posts in 138 Topics by 729 Members
Latest Member: wroznak
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Stork Talk (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  A sampling of my kids
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: A sampling of my kids  (Read 85 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: March 16, 2020, 01:58:25 PM »

My last doe kidded on Sunday .  I have 1 due in 6 weeks or so and 5 more possible in late summer. 

Here is a sampling of my current 19 kids.  I ended up with 12 boys, 7 girls so far.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 07:16:20 AM »

As usual, you've had a very nice bunch of babies born this year.  Very colorful and very nicely built.  They are precious for sure.  Thanks so much for sharing with us.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 01:26:35 PM »

You are welcome!  I know how you miss the kids  Smiley

I am really pleased with them all and agonizing on which girls I might keep..
Pat
Caprine Guru

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 02:16:56 PM »

Oh, good grief.  I'd take them all if my lap was big enough and I had enough hands for all the bottles!
GORGEOUS babies. Congratulations!
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 07:05:52 AM »

That would be a difficult task for me as well.  The one thing I held to and made a vow to do, was never breed more Does than what I could keep all the babies if it came down to it.  I vowed to sell to people who "I" thought would be good to my babies, and make sure they were well taken care of and that the Caprine meant as much to them as they did me.  I was so fortunate to be able to do that.  God truly blessed me and my animals when it came to that.  I swore I would never send them to homes that would neglect or abuse them.  Our LGD's told me the true story about the buyer.  If I sent one of them "Out", and they came back, and started their circling around us, and I sent them "away", and they didn't go, by the time the buyer left, I knew I would never sell them any goat of mine.  But when the LGD's were comfortable and obeyed my commands, that buyer always turned out to be a REALLY good person.

Got to love all those babies.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 09:56:19 AM »

Now that I am at home, I can see the pics!  Pics and videos are blocked on my work computers.

What a gorgeous kid crop! The colors and the builds.....awesome job with your breeding!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 01:18:11 PM »

PAT-- I sit in a chair and have 3 kids trying to jump into my lap at the same time  Grin  I have a few buyers from last year who wanted girls, so any I can't keep will go to good loving homes.

I hope the boys are fortunate as well.  I think the people who live near me want most of my boys but I am going to try and sell as breeding bucks first the ones who are quality enough for that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: