HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2020, 03:58:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
wcm

Stats
2457 Posts in 147 Topics by 729 Members
Latest Member: wroznak
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Just Cause (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Didja hear
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Didja hear  (Read 169 times)
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« on: April 04, 2020, 06:07:48 PM »

One of the possible treatments for Covid may turn out to be good ole Ivermectin? They are finding that it can kill certain viruses, one of which is the virus that causes Covid 19!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 07:47:15 AM »

Ivermectin?  Seriously?  How did they find that out?  That's an animal dewormer.  Where did you find that info.  I would love to read that.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 11:54:16 AM »

I am glad I ordered 3 tubes a few days ago for my horses.  Once people hear that I can see all dewormers with Ivermectin being sold out.  Just like Toilet Paper Grin
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 07:26:49 AM »

Grin Grin Grin  Good one Julie...I just recently ordered 12 tubes.  I use it on my dogs and now have my clients using it on their dogs, so I order a bunch so we get it cheaper per tube.  Never thought I was sitting on a gold mine!! haha.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 02:09:06 PM »

TSC and other farm stores in person or online are taking it off the shelves and not shipping it because of the idiots.

A researcher in Australia discovered that it kills several viruses in the lab, that does not mean it will in real life. People don't get that, they hear the word "cure" and go bonkers grabbing whatever it is. They did the same for Hydroxyquinine (or whatever the name is). People were buying it, getting prescriptions for it from their doc or whatever means they could. A couple bought the type that is used to clean fish aquariums and made themselves deathly ill.

Ivermectin is also used as an anti-parasitic  for both internal and external parasites in humans. Has been for years. However no one knows the correct dose for a virus, or if it will even really work in a body. But,. that doesn't stop them from buying it up and making it impossible for people who own livestock, horses and dogs to get it for the reason it was intended.

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 07:59:36 AM »

Deb, I just checked Jeffers and they still have it on the market, and I could order it. 
https://www.jefferspet.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&animal%5B%5D=Horse&q=ivermectin+horse+wormer

Every body is anxious for a cure.  They are going stir crazy.  This is why I am so happy that I am a "stay at home" type person.  Can't force myself to go out and party and be with lots of people, and I never could.  I guess it comes from being born and raised on a farm and rarely going to town.  Even as a teenager involved in Gymnastics, softball, tennis, twirling, and spiz club (cheerleading club), and Jockeying race horses, I would leave and head home right after the events/games.  I never did stick around and socialize even with my own class mates.  So this "Stay at home" order, and the "shelter in place" order never bothered me.  But I know these city folks around me are going absolutely crazy.  haha.  Grin

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 03:22:03 PM »

I would be more than happy to stay at home, if I didn't have to work. I don't go anywhere, except a friends house on my nights off for supper, laundry and a couple of hours of TV. I stay for 3-4 hours.

imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 07:10:28 AM »

I wish you could stay home Deb. 

We are the same way.  Grocery store, Bank (maybe once every 2 months), and that's it.  Once in a blue moon over to a friends house, or they at my house.  The most traffic through our house this last year with the gals that came to work with me on the Records Request of our POA.  Once a month we go to Board meetings.  I was never a socialite. 

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 12:32:31 PM »

I am at home all the time too, so this is no change for me at all Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: