HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2020, 02:04:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
Welcome To Goatbeat!!

Stats
2920 Posts in 171 Topics by 730 Members
Latest Member: 20goats
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Let's Catch Up
| |-+  Top Models (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  The 6 doelings I kept this year 2020
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: The 6 doelings I kept this year 2020  (Read 289 times)
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« on: October 22, 2020, 08:22:00 PM »

I wanted to keep them all but sold 4.  I look forward to (hopefully ) some dandy color when they are bred in Fall of 2021  Smiley

June ( pinto) & Connie ( spots)

May

Mollie

Kellie & June & a little of Connie.

Gilley --  Just turned 3 months

« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 08:25:29 PM by Julie H » Logged
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 06:47:45 PM »

I'll have to bring this up at home, the computer here at work will not allow pictures to open. Angry

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 09:48:58 AM »

They are gorgeous babies.  My heart thumped a good one when I got to Mollie...man a live that girl is so gorgeous...her color is stunning.  And she appears to be a very nice built little girl.  I can only imagine how amazing she will be at full growth.  You sure are getting some nice color markings on your babies.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 01:26:09 PM »

Mollie is one of our favorites   Smiley  She is 2 months younger than the other 4 she is with but holding her own and getting plenty to eat.  She has the 3 colors her mom does except it is exactly opposite.  Mom has white body with 2 tone brown markings  and molly has a two toned brown body with white markings.  I love that you never know what a doe will give you!

The 4 I sold were just as colorful and well built and it about killed me to let them go, but if I don't sell a few I won't have any room for next years girls and I will want to keep some of them too Wink
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 01:28:51 PM by Julie H » Logged
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 09:04:26 AM »

Isn't that awesome how the opposite came through on Mollie?  I was amazed to see what colors Roady threw out of majority white or cinnamon colored Does.  But was shocked when Roady threw down a black belted Doeling out of a tri colored Doe, and him being a tri colored buck.  I was expecting some awesome color markings from that.  However, Roady gave me a buckskin tri colored Doeling out of a solid white Doe.  Go figure that.  Then the Boer Does, basically painted but still traditional markings, gave me ALL SORTS of coloration and markings.  I needed that color and markings on the PB Kiko babies...hahaha. 

It's always so much fun to see our new babies healthy happy and growing like weeds no matter what color they are.  Even our Snow White ones, were so very angelic looking.  Hanna, she grabbed my heart and never let go, and she was solid white.  Mercy, bless her heart, struggled to live, and became a gorgeous beautiful snow white Doe, gentle and kind to every one and every goat except Prince...they hated one another.  So even though they are solid white, they can be spectacular.

You've had a great year this year, gorgeous babies once again.  Can't wait to see next years crop of babies. 

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 12:39:04 PM »

Isn't that awesome how the opposite came through on Mollie?  I was amazed to see what colors Roady threw out of majority white or cinnamon colored Does.  But was shocked when Roady threw down a black belted Doeling out of a tri colored Doe, and him being a tri colored buck.  I was expecting some awesome color markings from that.  However, Roady gave me a buckskin tri colored Doeling out of a solid white Doe.  Go figure that.  Then the Boer Does, basically painted but still traditional markings, gave me ALL SORTS of coloration and markings.  I needed that color and markings on the PB Kiko babies...hahaha. 

It's always so much fun to see our new babies healthy happy and growing like weeds no matter what color they are.  Even our Snow White ones, were so very angelic looking.  Hanna, she grabbed my heart and never let go, and she was solid white.  Mercy, bless her heart, struggled to live, and became a gorgeous beautiful snow white Doe, gentle and kind to every one and every goat except Prince...they hated one another.  So even though they are solid white, they can be spectacular.

You've had a great year this year, gorgeous babies once again.  Can't wait to see next years crop of babies. 

Hopefully I can show them on here.  If GB is still going.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 07:36:38 AM »

I am hoping too Julie.  At this point, it's beginning to not look so good.  We are ok for a little while longer, but we need jobs like nobodies business...we have applied every where and for any type of job.  I am thankful to have the dog training, at least that's something coming in.  The only saving grace here is that we owe no big debts.  Shane is still thinking on paying off the truck and boat.  I told him we should wait until the first of the year and see where we stand.  Pray we find jobs quickly, please.

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 01:15:22 PM »

No offers for either of you where you have applied?  If you haven't heard anything at all yet he still may be offered a job.  Some places can be agonizingly slow at hiring even when they need somebody!!

I will keep praying.
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 04:24:37 PM »

You would think they would snap Shane up in a heart beat!!!

DragonLair Farm and Kennel in Central Maine with Nubians, Lamanchas and Oberhasli. Of course, combinations of 2 or more breeds happens also.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 07:43:58 AM »

I have applied at all the Home Depot's, Lowe's & Tractor Supply across the Parish...those even 50 miles away.  I have applied for every job they have open to include Customer Service.  I have taken every single test they require you to take, as well as Assessment tests and have Ace'd every single one of them.  I am now applying to all the Walmarts, Grocery store Chains, Walgreens and CVS pharmacies within 50 miles as well.  I have taken their tests, but haven't filled out the applications yet.  The storms rolling in has our internet coming and going.  I will get several done this morning before the storm hits.  I have received no answer from any of them yet except that they received my application.

Shane has applied for every job on indeed.com.  He has heard from a few stating that his is not being considered for that position.  The offshore and inland jobs that he's applied for he received the email communications, and then all of a sudden nothing now.  He has applied for every thing, things he's never done before even.  He's applied for every state job out there.  He's taken all the tests and the assessments and he has more than passed those, he has passed with "expert" rankings. 

Shane and I fear that it's the elections that's causing the hesitation in hiring.  If Trump stays in, the jobs will be abundant.  If Biden gets in then he's going to Tax the owners so much that they'll do a huge lay off to make up for the taxes they'll have to pay.  So we feel this is why the delay in hiring.

I know we have about 4 more months and we'll be hurting like no bodies business.  We both said the other day "it's a good thing we saved money like we did, otherwise this whole ordeal would have destroyed us."  I kid you not, we didn't spend a dime that didn't need to be spent since 2008.  We stowed away all that money (around 3000.00 to 5000.00 per month) in 401K's, Stocks, Money Managements and Money Markets.  We opened the grand kids up their accounts in Mutual Funds...if need be we'll remove that.  We hate to, but we'll have to survive some how.

Anyway, we're trying as hard as we can to get back out there and start working again.

~ Birdie ~
dragonlair
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 11:12:16 AM »

Gorgeous kid crop Julie!!!!!!!!!!! kiss I'd be hard pressed to part with them, which is why I currently have 37 goats. Roll Eyes

Due to the massive drought we had this year, hay is at a premium, if you can find it. Nobody has any for sale, dealers are importing from Canada and New York.

Birdie, do you have Petco and all those chain pet shops around? They have positions for groomers and trainers.

Everything seems to be on hold right now, between Covid and the election. The democRATs are going to kill us all if they get voted in. Angry Angry Angry Angry Sad Sad Sad

Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 12:59:35 PM »

I really wish I had more girls born, although I would have wanted to keep even more.  I was really lopsided on my buck/ doe ratio and I pray that Beau gives me way more girls this year.  I was able to sell every buckling off farm again this year.  I still have 3 month old " Vito" and I guess I will put him in with Beau and the cow " Willie" when he gets older and put him up for sale in the Spring or wait for Fall.

Pam,  I never thought of the impending election putting the freeze on hiring.

When my husband was looking last January, it seemed he would never get hired.  Sent out gobs of applications and most he was over qualified for and never even got an interview.  Some took months to call for an interview and on some interviews he couldn't figure out what they were looking for??

It seemed like forever but it was only a month before he got the job he is at now.  Wouldn't you know he was at this job 2 weeks and he got a job offer( didn't even have an interview)  from another company ( hires ex military)at double the salary he was making Sad  God has him where he is supposed to be, but that was hard to swallow.  He just told the guy that with the expense the new job put into his hiring he wouldn't bail on them.  He has since been promoted and is earning a lot more and he does like what he does.

If Shane is ex military he should look on  www.focusmilitary.com  I think Todd just filled out something and they got back with him.  My husband is ex Coast Guard.

Go Trump  :gtrdn:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 01:19:57 PM by Julie H » Logged
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 08:49:44 AM »

Julie, Shane isn't ex-military.  He is merchant marine.  He at times receives the military benefits like at restaurants, where they give discounts.  Motels sometimes gives him the discounts.  He's not actually military but is and was contracted through the military.  His entire family is ex-military.  His daddy is retired Coast Guard.  His brother is retired Army.  My family is mostly all military.  Brothers, brother in laws, nieces and nephews.  Air Force, Marines, Army and Navy are the branches they are all in.  We are praying daily.  Focusing on every job out there.  And like you said, Shane is over qualified for many positions and he knows that, but he goes for them any way.  I am sure he hasn't gotten responses because he is over qualified.

I recall the time I had mostly all doelings born one season.  And marked out of this world gorgeous.  I couldn't turn loose of them.  I had to retain them.  Then the transfer happened, Shane moved to LA, and I was on the farm for a year and a half by myself.  I didn't breed anyone, not even the cows.  We were suppose to be taking all the livestock with us so these gorgeous Doelings grew and grew.  And then, the recession hit so hard that we had to sell out.  I was so thankful that most all my herd went to good homes.  I couldn't fathom them going to sale barns or slaughter houses...I would have shot myself before I let that happen.  I get too attached to my goats, way too attached to them.  I swear I do not know what kept Shane from having me committed to a mentally insane home.  I thought I was loosing my mind!

Julie your babies are so gorgeous, that I couldn't turn not one away.  Deb yours are always beautiful every single year.  I'm so happy for you all, having the babies every year, their light hearted antics and comedian abilities.  I miss that so bad.   

~ Birdie ~
Julie H
Goat Genius

Missouri

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2020, 12:17:42 PM »

All I can say is hang in there!  You made it to LA and a job will come around soon.

With your 14 acres I can see some goats in your future Smiley  With all you've been through , you deserve it once all is right again with your world.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2020, 08:47:41 AM »

I hope you're right Julie.  I would love 4 pygmies, and 2 Jerusalem donkeys.  But we are also looking at building the boarding kennel.  A 20 dog run.  The boarding kennels around here I wouldn't give you 2 cents for.  I told one kennel that they were down right cruel.  They make the dogs stay in runs that have metal grating on the floors, so the dogs when they pee and poo in the kennel it drops down under the grating.  Can you imagine a dogs toe nail or toe getting caught up in that?  I was furious when she told me that.  I hung up the phone on her.  Where I boarded the dogs is nice but not to my picky standards.  They have nice kennels but no outdoor runs and she has glass doors for kennel doors, and there is no escape for them if the place catches fire.  Sasha and Samson had a nice room, very large, and it did have an outdoor exit door, but it was a typical house type door with a window glass above it, and that is not safe for dogs who bite at windows.  She has a gorgeous outdoor play yard, both grass and a gravel one...but they have to go from the building, across the concrete area where I'm sure she intended to build outdoor kennel runs, but didn't get it done, into the play yards, which can cause dogs to bolt and not go into the runs.  Our dogs did good there, but dogs not use to that or nervous or scared would not do well with that set up.  She does stay booked up all the time though.  So that's something we have to consider, as that would do very well here.  But one of us will have to have a job before we consider that.  It would take every ounce of our savings to build it.

We both applied for 5 more jobs yesterday.  One sent me an assessment test after I applied but it was to a different location about 30 miles away.  I took the test, as I will do that drive if I have to.

~ Birdie ~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: