HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2018, 10:27:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
19536 Posts in 1390 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Just Getting Started (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Test yourself..
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print
Topic: Test yourself..  (Read 41824 times)
harmon_farms
« Reply #225 on: May 25, 2010, 07:34:25 PM »

From what I can gather, and I'm going to quote directly from the source:

50 ml of specific hyperimmune serum intravenously every 4 to 8 hours in the valuable animal. In the subacute and chronic case, antitoxin along with Tetracycline orally at the rate of 5-10 mg/lb (11 to 22 mg/kg) bodyweight will usually effect a cure.

The source being www.goatworld.com. I think I would certainly call my vet. For the diarrhea, you can always give some pepto or something to help with it. I think, however, that after you treat the cause the symptoms will start going away. As for fever, I would think some baby aspirin at least would be safe, consult with your vet on Banamine or something for the fever. You can also use frozen peas, ice packs, etc on pulse points to help bring it down.
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #226 on: May 25, 2010, 07:52:41 PM »

there are other things to do as well..very good information there Rachel. Smiley

check out Jack Mauldins site..click on "diseases" and then read his personal write up about this illness.  I can post the link if you all want it.  Very interesting reading for sure.

~ Birdie ~
AACmama
Bottle Babies

Chehalis, WA

« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2010, 10:36:43 PM »

Wow! What a terrific thread!!! I have learned so much reading through it. It must be quite a lot of work to come up with these scenarios, but I hope you will keep it going. Thanks for all the hard work and clever ideas.

Rose-Marie and the Saanen boys
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2010, 04:33:33 AM »

you're welcome. Smiley  I haven't had a great deal of time to devote to symptoms and scenerio's here lately..I'll be able to get back to this soon though, and we'll start again.  There is one that isn't in any of the trusted sites that I want to share with everyone, however, it doesn't have a name, and the diagnosis isn't set or an exact treatment for it found.  It's hit and miss and trial and error so far...it's a 50-50 recovery rate thus far, so nothing is exact, but one that we can all learn and share from.  Three cases have arose that I know of so far, none in the same state nor the same farm..so this one is really rare and very odd.  We'll compile the information and treatments and get with you all on it soon. Smiley

~ Birdie ~
Boudicea Farm
Bottle Babies

« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »

a 1 cc shot of BoCe will help get rid of floppy kid syndrome, to help guard against it a boce shot for the dam prior to kidding and free feed lots of minerals. tried to play the game but couldn't figure out how to get the answer under the question
imalilbirdie
Herdmasters
Goat Genius

Texas

« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2011, 07:10:04 AM »

I've really let this post go to the back burner haven't I?  I apologize for that.  I'll get some time next week and place a new symptom here for our viewing. Smiley 

~ Birdie ~
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: