HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 01:15:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
WARNING: DO not EVER click on any link in any email to reset a password UNLESS you yourself requested it. Be safe on the internet. There are many scams out there. Phishing is one of them, no site, from banking to us here at Goatbeat will EVER send an email asking for you to click on a link and reset your password. SO NEVER click on a link and give out personal information.

Stats
22624 Posts in 1641 Topics by 825 Members
Latest Member: Bah9
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Fiber Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, Candace, pearplum, nancy d, sweetgoats, Ace)
| | |-+  Question.
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Question.  (Read 771 times)
animegalash
Goat Genius

« on: February 10, 2010, 04:46:43 PM »

This is probably one of the most novice questions ever. How does one harvest cashmere? And what time of year?
I have this mix breed doe and this is the first winter we've had her, or goats for that matter. She is growing a pretty and soft coat of tan cashmere. I was wondering because I'd like to take the cashmere and see what i could do with it. Smiley

I luv my herd. Jack, Maisey, Peanut, Maybelle, Tessa, Jenni, Ernie, Ricky Riccardo, Bruno, Abi, Mimzy, Gypsy Jan.

http://sandyoaksfarm.webs.com/
Sandie
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 04:59:26 PM »

you comb it out usually , a de matting rake for dogs works well for it.  and you want to do that as soon as they start shedding which will be a bit different depending on your weather but some of mine are starting to shed now.  you can have them sheared but then it is a real pain to get the gaurd hair out of it.
animegalash
Goat Genius

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:24:14 PM »

Ah thanks. Smiley no shedding here yet. I think the unusually cold weather for our area is gonna make the shedding wait a while longer than usual as well. Smiley

I luv my herd. Jack, Maisey, Peanut, Maybelle, Tessa, Jenni, Ernie, Ricky Riccardo, Bruno, Abi, Mimzy, Gypsy Jan.

http://sandyoaksfarm.webs.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: