HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:06:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
19842 Posts in 1418 Topics by 724 Members
Latest Member: Andres16moreno
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  In Those We Trust (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Lgd is pregnant and I am clueless -
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Topic: Lgd is pregnant and I am clueless -  (Read 10864 times)
Ace
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 01:54:28 PM »

I just imagine that they are as cute as can be!!   Smiley
goats4me
Goat Genius

the 'endless mountains' of n.e. penna

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2010, 04:52:37 PM »

they are old enough to be shifting gradually to mostly mom....but she will help with this.  that is why the extra meal just for them is a help. i understand that this is hard with her behavior what it is.  maybe on the days you are home you can increase the pups those days to three times?  it helps at this age to get them gently off her and to the other food....but, again, she will also do some of this herself. yes, it is hysterical when they go after her even when she stands....like a true milk bar.  the more of the kibble they eat, the more she will begin to dry up, though.  sounds like all is going pretty well.   
are you keeping pups or placing them all?  eight weeks is the age to begin letting them go....not before.  again.....the mum teaches them so much, as does being with litter mates. you wind up with much better socialized and stable pups if you wait until then.   and i would think that with LGDs this is very important , as it is with pups inteneded to be family members.  candice will be a good advisor there, but i would imagine she would agree.

Serendipity Farm
a place meant to be
goats4me
Goat Genius

the 'endless mountains' of n.e. penna

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 04:54:32 PM »

it's time to worm them, too.....for rounds....which they are guaranteed to have if their mom has EVER had them.....

Serendipity Farm
a place meant to be
countryluvnfarms
Bouncing Babies

NPGA Pygmy Goats Pelion,SC

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 10:45:47 AM »

I stubled across this and i know a breeder That breeds Goats and LGD she has had great success for several years. In fact she is the one that got us started in goats. She is my mentor and i trust her judgement. I will attach the link to her webpage so that if you would like she may be able to provide some insite on the matter Her name is Holly.   
http://www.freewebs.com/hollyridgefarms/
Candace
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 04:07:27 PM »

This thread was started in 2010 Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: