HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 01:25:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
  wcm

Stats
20244 Posts in 1450 Topics by 725 Members
Latest Member: margot
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Cafe; Just the Facts
| |-+  Fiber Goats (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Cashmere fiber market
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Cashmere fiber market  (Read 3739 times)
booboo
« on: September 01, 2010, 11:25:48 AM »

Hi as I have already posted in another tread, I would like to have the cashmere goat and as they are so expensive and a long way from us its going to be a costly project.
I have been told that MAYBE we could get some funding for this BUT we must come up with a business plan LOL
After god knows how many painstaking hours I believe that I have everything they have asked for except one and that is the World Market Prices for cashmere fiber past, present and future. Why they want this I have no idea as there is no way as I have said to them that we would be producing on such a scale ???
We are looking more on the smalling holding size, cottage garden type business, ok maybe a little bigger Wink

Anyway if anyone has any ideas on how I can access this kind of information or links etc, it would gratefully received Smiley

One more thing do anyone happen to know if it comes under wool as I can get prices on that?
 I have to say world markets and commodities are far beyond me  Embarrassed
AmberLyn
Goataholic

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 01:42:23 PM »

I've been trying to find that sort of information myself, and it's not easy. I do know thta China has the biggest Cashmere market in the world, and I have been told that in the US, the cashmere market is strongest in the North East states.

SweetGoats, do you have any info on this?

Life is random, so am I   =)
booboo
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:14:48 PM »

Hi, i received today, through casfibers.co.uk that raw combed fiber is going at 35/40 us dollars per kilo, this is todays prices.
They say that there is no published information on this. I have emailed them back and asked if they could supply me with past present and futures predictions, I wait in hope, if i receive anymore i will let you know.

PS it does not come under wool 
sweetgoats
Herdmaster
Goat Genius

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 04:19:51 PM »

PS it does not come under wool 

No it is NOT going to go under wool, it is NOT wool.  Not even close.

I really can not tell you a lot other then I make a good amount on my goats business.  I am VERY VERY lucky.  I have a lady that buys my cleaned and dehaired Cashmere and and she has it spin with her Alpaca.

I will say I make more on the breeding and selling of my goats then I do on the Fiber.  It is very expensive to have the fiber cleaned and dehaired, you can not do it yourself no matter what anyone says.  Yes other fibers can be done but not Cashmere.

I never really made much money on the goat business on the fiber alone, it came with the goats, and the shows and the winnings and the reputation we have received. 

Lori

Home of the Colorado State Fair Grand Champion doe, 2003,2004,2005,2007,2008,2009. and 2011.
Premier Breeder and Premier Exhibitor for 2008 and 2009.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: