HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2018, 06:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
hihand Welcome!

Stats
1654 Posts in 79 Topics by 726 Members
Latest Member: chester_boer
+  Welcome to Goat Beat!
|-+  Goat Beat; The Heart of What Keeps us Going
| |-+  Just Getting Started (Moderators: imalilbirdie, pearplum, nancy d, dragonlair, sweetgoats)
| | |-+  Would you like to share your feed grain mix..if so post it here.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print
Topic: Would you like to share your feed grain mix..if so post it here.  (Read 65506 times)
J.O.Y. Farm
Bouncing Babies

« Reply #285 on: October 10, 2012, 03:13:03 PM »

that "billy block"...never heard of that before...it's a mineral right?  Mineral is VERY, VERY important to these lil' guys...loose mineral is your best bet, not a block...copper deficiency is very bad...you need to find a loose mineral that's the highest in copper you can find.  That way you put a small dish out and if they soil it, then you haven't wasted so much...when they soil those blocks they won't eat on them and then they will go mineral deficient.  Babies tend to play a lot with this stuff, but offering it is good, as they need it when they want it. 

I agree here.. I offer a loose mineral and I offer the Berry flavor "billy Block" I have had this ONE block out for 2 years now, and it's about 1/2 gone LOL! the babies are really the ones who lick it the most. Smiley

~Skyla~
J.O.Y. Farm
Purebred, AGS/ADGA Registered
Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats.
Bred for Quality, Milk, Show and Temperament.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of
death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me;..... Psalm 23:4
*Now Taking Reservations On 2013 Kids!*
Marta
Goat Genius

(Crimea)ooooops whats that there then?

« Reply #286 on: October 11, 2012, 04:00:21 AM »

Hi all. thanks for the info.
Its very very true that here in Crimea its difficult if not near imposable to get what is needed.
I remember some time back, could be 2 yrs or so ago all we had was burned straw burned hay and everything lacking apart from a filler for the winter,
This year because of the really dry weather, its not rained here since may. Ok a bit of a lie, it did rain in July for about 5 minutes, I think the rain god got lost and didn’t see Vinetscoe in his line of sight and steer around it like it normally does.

Anyway what every body is saying GET it right for your area and what you have.

There is an ideal and that which we all try to keep to, and I for one want the best,,,,,NAY...!!!!!!! THE PREMIER herd in Crimea like Babin has in the west of Ukraine, (would you believe he can and does sell his goats for 3000 HVs instead of 300 hvs) he is doing well up there but then he has got the right weather and he is trained to western Skills. I wish he was on this site but he speaks little English, but if you are out there man come on here. lol.

Any way, my thought on the Rice straw was purely a filler, keep that rumen working keeping them warm, it is a filler and does need to be mixed with other things, I already read up on it.
If the weather is anything like last year it will be minus 30 for a few weeks.

The grain (wheat) is not crushed its whole, they tend to grind it here, I have mixed feelings, anyway its going to cost an arm and a leg to get any more as there is not enough on the market due to the dry summer.
As to the mineral Block...I tried it 2 yrs ago and the thing was absolutely filthy after a few days and they would not touch it,  hence the reason I started putting it in their food a little at a time.

I, like every one here no matter how skilled and educated we are , I believe its a learning curve, so please every body fear not, Bob this yr has got stronger and tougher so "say what you mean and mean what you say"

dont tell me to give em drugs we aint got non here in Crimea, its all herbs and such
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: